Group therapy involves a small, purposefully selected group of individuals receiving therapy for similar areas of concern. Each group will have a unique set of goals and a curriculum. All therapy groups exist to help individuals grow emotionally and to develop skills in support of solving personal problems. Group therapy has the benefit of providing each individual with multiple relationships to assist in personal growth and problem solving skill development.
What are the benefits of group therapy?
- Being a part of group therapy allows you a chance to be real and honest with others in a safe and respectful environment.
- Group therapy allows you to see that you are not alone in your current struggle.
- Through other group members you can learn new ways for relating to others and you can also learn how others are coping with similar difficulties. You can learn new coping skills, new perspectives and get feedback from other people.
- By being a part of a group you can learn more about yourself and how you interact with others.
- Group therapy is also more affordable than individual therapy since the cost of sessions is shared among multiple people.
We provide a variety of therapy groups including:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group
- Voices Empowerment for Girls
- Teen Support and Recovery Group
- Interpersonal Group for Teens
We Can Help
Counseling involves a collaborative process where you work with a trained professional who will support you in resolving personal conflicts and emotional difficulties. Our therapy groups cover common concerns including:
View our Blog
Being A Teen Today Teenage years are a very volatile and unpredictable time in a person’s life. They are too old to be considered children but still too young and immature to be considered adults. Frankly many parents are not fundamentally aware of the inherent distinction between the two stages, nor do they realise that the […] The post Teens and Self Harm appeared first on Collaborat… [more+]