Stress is a part of life and is something we all must learn to deal with. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of the little things you can do to help lighten your stress load a bit.
Here are 5 tips for how to deal with the distress in your life:
1) Practice trying to change the things that are in your control and letting go and accepting those things that you can’t change. Focusing on things out of your control is bound to be distressing, so work to practice changing what you can and accepting the rest.
2) Take time for self-care. Try to do one thing a day that is taking care of you (e.g. read for 15 minutes, take a bath, meditate for 15 minutes, watch your favorite TV show, etc…).
3) Laugh. Try not to take yourself so seriously and recognize that you are not perfect and it’s okay to laugh or to let yourself have a little fun in spite of your stressful life!
4) Surround yourself with positive people. Negativity breeds more negativity, so try to weed out or at least limit exposure to the people in your life who tend to be drama filled or to bring negative energy into your life.
5) Take care of your body. Exercise, eat a healthy diet and make sure you are getting enough sleep.
It is also important to remember that some stress is good (eustress) and some stress is bad (distress). Most often when we think of stress we see it as a negative thing but it is not always a bad thing. When you work to take care of yourself and change the way you think about things, you can become much more capable of dealing with stressors in your life. We can help you learn self care skills so the stressors in your life can become more manageable.
For more information on our counseling services and scheduling, please contact us to schedule today.
View our Blog
It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. All to often this causes us to become grumpy or irritable and we don’t take time to think about all of the things that make our lives good. So, how can we combat this negativity and remind ourselves of all […] The post Count Your Blessings appeared first on Collaborative Counseling. [more+]