Group therapy involves a small, purposefully selected group of individuals receiving therapy for similar areas of concern. Each group will have a unique set of goals and a curriculum. All therapy groups exist to help individuals grow emotionally and to develop skills in support of solving personal problems. Group therapy has the benefit of providing each individual with multiple relationships to assist in personal growth and problem solving skill development.
What are the benefits of group therapy?
- Being a part of group therapy allows you a chance to be real and honest with others in a safe and respectful environment.
- Group therapy allows you to see that you are not alone in your current struggle.
- Through other group members you can learn new ways for relating to others and you can also learn how others are coping with similar difficulties. You can learn new coping skills, new perspectives and get feedback from other people.
- By being a part of a group you can learn more about yourself and how you interact with others.
- Group therapy is also more affordable than individual therapy since the cost of sessions is shared among multiple people.
We provide a variety of therapy groups including:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group
- Voices Empowerment for Girls
- Teen Support and Recovery Group
- Interpersonal Group for Teens
We Can Help
Counseling involves a collaborative process where you work with a trained professional who will support you in resolving personal conflicts and emotional difficulties. Our therapy groups cover common concerns including:
View our Blog
The first day of school is a joyous occasion for many children, but it can be a bittersweet time for parents. After all, it means saying goodbye to their little ones for several hours each day. For some parents, the separation can be difficult to cope with. They may feel sad, lonely, or even anxious. […] The post The Back-to-School Blues: How Parents Can Cope With Separation from Their Child… [more+]