Summer in The Twin Cities
Posted by Collaborative Counseling
We know this summer will not feel the same as usual, but many businesses are putting together creative ways to stay busy, social and active in this unprecedented time. Here is a list of activities to do with friends and family both indoor and out, all while supporting small businesses and staying safe! Make sure to check out businesses near you for ways to get involved there too.
Activities with kids
- Nadia Cakes
- Nadia Cakes is offering at home cupcake decorating kits! They will deliver right to your doorstep, and have locations in Woodbury and Maple Grove.
- Color Me Mine
- Color Me Mine is offering Paint at Home kits. Order online, curbside-pick up your supplies, decorate at home, then drop off at the studio for glazing and firing!
- For more ideas, check out https://twincitieskidsclub.com/twin-cities-businesses-offering-quarantine-activities/.
- Minnesota Zoo
- The Minnesota Zoo is now open! For tickets and information, click here.
- Como Conservatory
- In addition to the reopening of the Como Zoo, the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory is open by reservation!
- The Como Zoo is also offering “Camp in a Box”, where kids are given supplies for 5 days of camp activities, such as crafts and scavenger hunts. Find information here!
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is open for driving and walking access, but tickets and reservations are needed ahead of time. Check out this link for more information!
Food and Restaurant activities
- Bummed about the canceled Minnesota State Fair? Here are some ways you can fill those state fair food cravings from those vendors but in a different location!
- The Little Blue Truck
- This food truck offers the fair favorites from the “Blue Barn” and will be traveling around the Twin Cities beginning in August. Follow for updates at @littlebluefoodtruck on Instagram.
- Giant Slide Booth at Roseville VFW
- Satisfy your cheese on a stick or fresh lemonade cravings by visiting the Giant Slide booth at Roseville VFW Post 7555 at 1145 Woodhill Drive Roseville, MN 55113. Open daily from 12 PM- 6PM!
- Find more great ideas at https://twincities.eater.com/2020/6/24/21301577/find-minnesota-state-fair-foods-around-twin-cities-minneapolis-st-paul
- The Little Blue Truck
- Eat Drink Dish MPLS and Twin Cities Eater are great resources for finding local restaurants to support during this time.
- Eat Drink Dish MPLS allows you to search for restaurants that are doing curbside pickup, delivery, and are categorized into neighborhood communities. This makes it easy to find new places right in your backyard!
- Twin Cities Eater compiled a list of places you can order “Take and Bake” meals from your favorite Minneapolis and St. Paul restaurants!