What fills you up?
Posted by Collaborative Counseling
In life there are so many things that zap our energy. As a result, we become so busy just trying to get things done that we end up forgetting to fill up the engine. Here I am speaking of doing things that give you energy, instead of take it away. What fills you up?
Often, we forget to take time to take care of ourselves when there is so much to be done to take care of everyone and everything else. Today I am challenging you to think about what you can do to fill yourself up with energy.
Mental Energy Enhancers
- Reading a book or listening to a book on tape
- Spending time with friends and family who are positive
- Managing your money well
- Keeping your home, office and care neat and clean
- Face old conflict and find ways to resolve them
- Be aware not to become overscheduled; leave some breathing room and do not overbook yourself
Physical Energy Enhancers
- Nutritious diet
- Doing things at your own pace rather than how someone else dictates them
- Relaxation activities (such as yoga, meditation, massage)
- A warm bath
- Lay in the sun for 10-15 minutes
Spiritual Energy Enhancers
- Say only what you believe to be the truth (speak your truth without blame or judgment)
- Do each thing with love
- Practice being grateful
- Focus on what you have instead of what you do not
- Spend time in nature
- Listen to and follow your inner guidance
- Say no to things that go against your beliefs
As a result, there are many ways for you to refuel your energy levels to help support you in living a vibrant life. If you want help learning to figure out ‘what fills you up?’, consider seeking council.