What unique gift or talent do you bring to the world?
Posted by Collaborative Counseling
Deep within us all exist unique gifts or talents needed by the world around us. Often we can get stuck in patterns of negativity, unhealthy relationships, a bad job or other things that take away from our talents. Sometimes we may not even know we have lost sight of our talents or maybe they have never been discovered…
Often we have found that when people take time to reflect upon their values and beliefs they are more likely to discover some unique talents about themselves. Here are some questions that could help you begin to explore your values and beliefs:
Have you asked yourself?
- What are you energized by?
- Do you know your personal strengths? (One good tool to help you uncover your strengths is StrengthsFinder 2.0)
- What is the most important to you in life? What are the top 10 things? How about the top 5? Or the number one most important thing?
- Are there things that that you enjoy doing at your current job? What don’t you enjoy?
- If you could do anything with your life, what would you do? What would be fulfilling about that?
- Is anything else missing from your life?
While, you may find yourself wondering “what are my talents?” or “I don’t have anything unique to offer the world”, these exist within all of us. Your talent may be your ability to observe beauty around you or it may be your ability to be a good listener to others. Any talent or skill has a way to make the world a better place. Therefore, I encourage you to challenge those thoughts and seek ways to begin uncovering your uniqueness.
In addition, sometimes a person’s values and beliefs are strongly tied to their unique gifts and talents. If you are still struggling to uncover your unique talent, seek a professional counselor or coach to help you to reveal your inner beauty.
As a result, in uncovering your unique talents, you can become able to make choices that will allow you to share your full potential while, making the world a brighter place.Read More